For media inquiries, please contact:
Communications and Marketing Manager
(The Canadian Federation of Humane Societies)
(613) 224-8072 ext. 12
Humane Canada™ is the national voice for Humane Societies and SPCAs in Canada. Humane Societies and SPCAs are a Canadian institution – most of which have been around for a hundred years or more. They’re the organizations that Canadians trust to care for and protect the animals we love and rely on.
The Humane Society of Canada is not a member of Humane Canada™, nor are we affiliated in any way.
Since 1957, Humane Canada™ has been the national organization that represents humane societies and SPCAs all across Canada. We work to address the critical issues facing animals on the national level including legislation, policy and public education.
Staff and members of Humane Canada™ are an invaluable resource to the media, offering information and commentary on a wide range of animal welfare issues, including (but not limited to):
- Federal and provincial animal cruelty legislation & related loopholes
- Puppy mills
- Cat welfare and overpopulation
- Responsible pet ownership
- Dog bite prevention
- Breed specific legislation
- Intensive confinement of farm animals
- Livestock transportation issues
- Municipal animal control bylaws
- Animal sheltering best practices
- Animal shelter statistics and trends
- Wildlife welfare and cruelty cases
- Marine mammal captivity